8 New Years Resolutions for Every Couple!
Sometimes it’s hard to “talk the talk” AND “walk the walk” when it comes to New Years resolutions. To mix up your motivation, set an intention for 2013 with your spouse or partner! Resolutions-for-two can encourage you to stick to your promises and also strengthen your relationship. Here are some ideas to rev up your resolutions and your relationships!
1. Give together—Generosity and charity flow easily around the holidays, or when major tragedies occur in your community. There are plenty of organizations that need help during the rest of the year, so if you enjoy philanthropy then pick a cause with your sweetie and make a difference.
2. Make health a priority—There’s something so perfect about cozying up on the couch, ordering Chinese food, and watching a movie…until your jeans don’t fit anymore and you feel sluggish. Pull out some healthy recipes that you want to try together. Or better yet, make your date nights about cooking a meal at home together and taking a walk in the park, or doing something fun like a sushi-making class.
3. Sweat together—Mindful eating and exercise go hand-in-hand to stay healthy. Some guys claim that “the top is the best part of the muffin” (clever, but not very comforting), but they ALSO think it’s sexy and attractive to see a woman beast it out in the gym. So enlist your partner as a workout buddy if you want to ditch your “holiday weight”. And even if you’re not overweight, exercising with your partner is a way to simultaneously improve your health, spend time together, and get the hour out of the way so you have more time to do fun things later!
4. Promise to improve communication—All relationships are challenging not just because of disagreements, but even moreso because of a lack of communication skills or a wrong approach to working through the rough patches. Be introspective and think of one thing that you tend to do or not do in a squabble with your partner that you can change or improve. And most importantly, put it to practice!
5. Be present—Multitasking is a useful skill to have, but not when it takes away from quality time with your loved one. When spending time with them, put your phone on silent, shut the computer down, etc. It’s okay to send a cute text message to them while they’re at work about how excited you are for your date, but checking texts during a conversation sends the wronggg message. They are worth your full attention, so give it to them! And if you both absolutely must use electronics, set a block of time for you both to complete your tasks and then move on.
6. Break a bad habit together—If you and your partner share a habit that you wish to break—or each have your own—acknowledge that you both want to change and make a pact to help each other through it. This support system will hold you both accountable and make your relationship stronger.
7. The Little Things—Of course we love to be swept off our feet, but more often than not the little gestures are the best way to show your love. Set the coffee machine to brew in the morning, open the car door, come home with their favorite candy bar from the store…just be conscientious and show you care. They will love to know that you think of them lovingly throughout your day.
8. Keep it playful—Sadly, being a working adult does not allow for naptime and recess. But don’t bring the office home with you every day! Watch a slapstick movie,talk in funny voices, leave secret notes for each other…or get creative! Throw pottery, make a finger painting for your home…the options are endless. Channel your inner child and it will ensure that you guys won’t get bored.
Using one, two, or all eight of these New Year’s couples resolutions can make your year even sweeter on so many levels. If you want to document all the fun-loving things you do this year, take some photos in your CapsuleCam and put them into a capsule! ;) Happy 2013!
Summer Vacation Recommendation: Guyana, South America
The place: Guyana, South America
The experience: 2 days alone in the South American rainforest.
The Bushcraft survival course isn’t your typical summer getaway. You and a small team will hike into the South American Amazon and create a camp. You stay with your team for about a week, training and preparing for the ultimate challenge: Surviving alone for 2 nights in one of the most inhospitable locations on the planet—the kind of place where you’d find Capsule’s very own Cyrus Farudi.
While on your own, you will be stripped of most modern conveniences—that means no photo sharing with CapsuleCam. Sorry, folks.
You’d be in close proximity with other team members, but not close enough to meet. You will also be under the watchful eye of the natives who live in the forest and will be acting as your personal guardians.
The plus side of this trip: It is very affordable in comparison to other intercontinental vacation plans, such as touring Europe. And it is incredibly challenging and self fulfilling. Leave behind all of your modern day conveniences and live as wildly as your ancestors once did.
Tuesday’s Capsule Meeting: A Summary
Every Tuesday morning at 10 a.m, Team Capsule gets together on a Google Hangout for our weekly meeting. It’s a very serious meeting where we talk about very serious things: the future of CapsuleCam, branding, user relations, etc… I want to give you, our beloved reader, a more personal look into our team meetings with the stories of Saul’s heat stroke and Omri’s new spider.
During the same meeting, Ryan also told us that he discovered how to make something incredible for Capsule that will turn the event planning app industry upside down… then he refused to show us.
Always the best,
A sunny capsule in the park
Capsule is excited to be supporting the Celebrate Israel Festival this year! Come join us for delicious food, great music, and an overall good time! We are going to have a table and photo backdrop set up in the vendor’s village, so come by and get your picture taken!
We also have some pretty big stuff planned with CapsuleCam and a giant screen. If you’re planning on attending the festival, be sure to download CapsuleCam for iPhone or Android and use join code: ISR64 to contribute photos to the group album!
You can find more information on the festival here.
Pair your summer break with the perfect vacation home
The snow is melting, the rains are becoming more scarce, and the beaches are getting warm. In a few months, it’ll be time to head off to a nice vacation. We wanted to lend you a helping hand by providing a list of great sites to help you find the perfect getaway for your vacation. So, without further ado, let’s get to business.
Short Term Housing has a great list of wonderful homes in some of the most beautiful cities that man has created. Not only does Short Term Housing have great places to stay, they are also the only 100% free travel reservation site. That means no additional charges to the property owners or travelers.
With over 180,000 rentals available across a few countries, odds are, you will find exactly what you are looking for.
The goliath of the vacation rental market, AirBnB has an incredible variety of homes all across the globe from low cost chic apartments to 5 star homes that would have been fit for a 15th century prince.
Go out and find the right place to escape from your daily routine. Don’t forget to archive the memories with CapsuleCam.
All the best,
Breaking News: CapsuleCam destroys the disposable camera
CapsuleCam, a new photo sharing app, is such an easier alternative that it has made using the disposable camera to collect everyone’s photos completely impractical.
How did this happen you may be asking, well here is exactly how:
- Disposable cameras cost money; CapsuleCam is a free app.
- Developing film cost money and time; CapsuleCam instantly uploads each photo taken into a shared group album, once again, free of any charge.
- One disposable camera per table; one CapsuleCam per smartphone.
- CapsuleCam will deliver better picture quality… depending on your phone ;)
CapsuleCam is a free and more efficient alternative. It’s also a lot more fun and rewarding for the bride and groom.
More on this story at 11,
The beginning of an incredible weekend starts today! So many brilliant acts, so much time. You are definitely going to want to document this experience. Start a capsule, have an incredible experience and then capture that experience with CapsuleCam.